• Advertisement
Future Catfishingpro.com Member

CatfishingPro.com does not support alternative methods of catfishing. Jugging,Limblining,Trotlining,Noodling,Paylake Fishing
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you access to view most discussions.. By joining our free catfishing community, you will have full access to all our catfishing forums, ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content,create your own catfish picture gallery and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please,
join our community today
! Any issues please contact us

southern indiana ohio n white river?

Blue Catfish Forum, Talk about Blue Catfishing

Share |

southern indiana ohio n white river?

Postby retics1320 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:43 am

im new to tryin to catch blue n flats have always just went for channels im startin to get my gear built up for the big boys but dont have a boat or kno a whole lot about catching n finding them? so if any one lives in southern indiana near ohio or white river n may be up for a night of fishing or can give me some tips let me kno!
retics1320

Have thanks: 0 time
Primary Waters Fished: Ohio river white river n lakes
Name: jordan

Re: southern indiana ohio n white river?

Postby erichigley » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:24 am

you dont always need a boat to tangle with them. dams are good starting points. i live in northern indiana. i like your screen name by the way. im a breeder of retics, burms and anacondas. welcome to our forum
erichigley
CFPro
CFPro

Primary Waters Fished: indiana and michigan rivers
Name: eric
Personal Best Catfish: 56 lb flathead, 28 lb channel

Postby admin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:10 pm

Eric is right you don't have to have a boat to catch blues. Probably one of the better places to catch blues from the bank would be below a dam,creek inlets. If you can find a hotwater discharge now would be a great time to fish around it. Type of bait is another key to catching blues, try some cut skipjack,shad,etc. Right now with the water temps like they are is a great time to be catching them. Hopefully some of the other experienced blue cat guys on here will chime in.
Catfishingpro.com Founder
admin
Founder
Founder

Have thanks: 41 times
Primary Waters Fished: Wabash River, Ohio River
Name: Josh
Personal Best Catfish: 53lb Flathead

Postby retics1320 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:11 am

well been doin a lot of talkin to some ppl near the ohio in my home county n found a nice little place where a smaller river About 8-12ft deep at max runs right into the ohio on a bend ive fished there before n pulled a 18lb out but other then that nvr had luck but spotted a huge blue many times. think once the water goes down if i get that lucky im gonna get a bunch of blue gil n hit that area for a weekend n see what happens
retics1320

Primary Waters Fished: Ohio river white river n lakes
Name: jordan

• Advertisement

Return to Blue Catfishing