• Advertisement
Future Catfishingpro.com Member

CatfishingPro.com does not support alternative methods of catfishing. Jugging,Limblining,Trotlining,Noodling,Paylake Fishing
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you access to view most discussions.. By joining our free catfishing community, you will have full access to all our catfishing forums, ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content,create your own catfish picture gallery and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please,
join our community today
! Any issues please contact us

Mudcats on the history channel!

Talk about anything "BESIDES CATFISHING" here

Forum rules
Non-Catfishing Related Discussions only in the General Disscussions Forum. Please use the appropriate forum for any Catfishing Related Topic.
Share |

Would you or have you ever noodled catfish?

yes, I have noodled before.
9%
yes, I would try noodling.
7%
No, havent noodled before and wouldnt try it!
85%

Total votes : 46

Mudcats on the history channel!

Postby catfishcatcher » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Just seen a comercial for the new mud cat show on the history channel in Februrary. Looks like a show about noodling catfish. Ive seen a similiar show about a noodling tourney and those guys are nuts! I dont have a problem grabbing the catfish but putting your body, hands and feet into a hole where a beaver or snake could be is crazy.
catfishcatcher
CFPro
CFPro

Have thanks: 1 time
Primary Waters Fished: Ohio River,Huntington, Salamonie
Name: allen
Personal Best Catfish: 53lb blue/40lb flathead

Re: Mudcats on the history channel!

Postby abudoc » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:14 pm

It looks like the History Channel is going down hill the same as the Animal Planet with their Hillbilly Handfishin series. The last thing Catfishing needs is another redneck fishing show that depicts catfisherman as not to smart. How in the world can the Animal Planet and the History Channel advocate pulling cats off their nests.
I think every one needs to e-mail the sponsors of these shows and let them know as long as they are sponsors you will not buy their products. In my humble opinion... :(
¿ <°)))))>< CPR
CatfishingPro Tech Writer
abudoc
CFPro Master
CFPro Master

Have thanks: 21 times
Primary Waters Fished: Tennessee River
Name: Dean

Postby smoothkip » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:20 am

No offense but this makes me sick that a national television show is encouraging the demise of trophy catfish! People don't understand that these idiots are pulling these fish from there spawning beds. Of course these fish are easy to grab because there protecting there spawn or eggs from a predator. These guys that do this have no respect for fish or Catfishing. As soon as they pull one of these flatheads or blues from there nest there gonna allow other fish to eat the eggs. That in my opinion and should be as all of you guys unacceptable as sportsman. It's outlawed in many states and should be every where. If someone wants to be tough I'll take them and let them stick there hand in a big bluecats mouth gloveless and let them twist and yank the skin right off there hands and release them back into the water.
Bottom Dwellers Tackle ProStaff
Driftmaster Rod Holder ProStaff
smoothkip
CFPro
CFPro

Have thanks: 0 time
Primary Waters Fished: Muskingum River
Name: Kip
Personal Best Catfish: 69# Bluecat 50# Flathead

Postby catfishcatcher » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:17 am

ya i dont agree with it either but just wondering how many people here on the cfpro do this. I wont and havent done it!
catfishcatcher
CFPro
CFPro

Have thanks: 1 time
Primary Waters Fished: Ohio River,Huntington, Salamonie
Name: allen
Personal Best Catfish: 53lb blue/40lb flathead

Postby joeyfri13 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:59 am

smoothkip wrote:No offense but this makes me sick that a national television show is encouraging the demise of trophy catfish! People don't understand that these idiots are pulling these fish from there spawning beds. Of course these fish are easy to grab because there protecting there spawn or eggs from a predator. These guys that do this have no respect for fish or Catfishing. As soon as they pull one of these flatheads or blues from there nest there gonna allow other fish to eat the eggs. That in my opinion and should be as all of you guys unacceptable as sportsman. It's outlawed in many states and should be every where. If someone wants to be tough I'll take them and let them stick there hand in a big bluecats mouth gloveless and let them twist and yank the skin right off there hands and release them back into the water.

AMEN! I had some guys at work start asking me about that idiotic hillbilly hand fishing crap show, becuase they know i fish for catfish and i told them almost the exact same thing!! It's awful that this prcatice is allowed to happen, there is absolutly no repsect given to catfish and it pisses me off!!
CatfishingPro Tech Writer
joeyfri13
CFPro
CFPro

Primary Waters Fished: pittsburgh 3 rivers

Postby catfish_bates » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:11 am

I HAD a fishing buddy that brought noodling up in conversation and I ended it with "are You Stupid" needless to say My son and I will be going out a lot with out him.
Through God anything is possible!! Please CPR any Cat 10 lbs. or more. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catfish- ... 806?ref=hl
catfish_bates
CFPro Master
CFPro Master

Have thanks: 8 times
Primary Waters Fished: Lake Gaston
Name: Mark
Personal Best Catfish: 19.8 lb. Blue Cat

Postby dogknott » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:40 am

Kind of a quick way to get PETA and anti's on our tail. Have you ever seen some of the organizations Animal Planet endorses?, and I think they are owned by the same co. that owns History.
dogknott

Primary Waters Fished: Des Moines River
Name: Buzz
Personal Best Catfish: 76# flathead

Postby katfish » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:47 am

I have to agree with the others about the absurdity of noodling. Not only are the nests destroyed after the males are taken away from their duties guarding eggs but imagine how many nests are destroyed as noodlers wade through nests. These guys know their best chances are in spawning areas and target them. Not only will the males stay with their eggs until they are grabbed they will often charge or bite people that get close and be detected.

You can see closed seasons in some States on spawning fish. The macho image of noodlers is never tempered with the understanding of the destruction of entire year classes of flathead. The TV stations only understand the bottom line of the money the shows represent. The noodlers only understand their immediate thrill and probably do not know they are literally shooting fish in a barrel.

BTW
I am very proud to see knowledgeable fishermen that also understand the destruction caused by noodling.
For years I have felt like I was in a huge minority about my thoughts of noodling flathead. In my discussion with people about noodling it seems they refuse to listen to my reasonning about the practice.
Last edited by katfish on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catchabiggun,
Robby
katfish
CFPro
CFPro

Have thanks: 7 times
Primary Waters Fished: Ohio lakes
Name: Robby
Personal Best Catfish: 77 blue 66 flathead 26 channel

Postby JH1492 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:51 am

I often have people ask me if I go noodling. I tell them I think it's stupid and dangerous. I agree that it should be banned in all states. I don't fish for channel cats during the spawn. I want them to be free to reproduce without being molested - even if they would be released.
JH1492

Primary Waters Fished: Madison WI Lake Mendota
Name: Jerry
Personal Best Catfish: Channel cat 21 lb 4 oz.

Postby frank jr » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 am

growing up in oklahoma i have hand grabbed a few times its not all that fun.its destructive its really just not all that much of a sport and more like a survival tactic.its NOT good for the fish or the nest.i haven't done it since i was a teen.i really hate how these shows make us look like morons i can go catch 10 bass right now no problem,it takes alot of skill to put 10 nice cats in a boat.most of us have to fabricate our own equipment.why dont they do a show and follow a tournament catfisherman for a season that would be interesting
frank jr
CFPro
CFPro

Primary Waters Fished: maumee and ohio river
Name: frank
Personal Best Catfish: 62#blue

Next

• Advertisement

Return to General Discussions